7 Ways To Save On Your Wedding
Weddings are one of the few celebrated events in a person's lifetime and it is not secret that people tend to spend a large quantity of money to celebrate. The cost of goods increases year after year, which in turn increases living expenses, but yet countless people still aspire to have a luxurious wedding. Unless you're a celebrity, royalty or a business tycoon, it is safe to say you are not going to spend millions of dollars on your wedding. On average, the typical wedding costs anywhere from $5,000 to $30,000. However, there are some who are willing to spend a large amount of money on their special day. In this article, Grand Lens Photography shares a few ways to save money on wedding photography, videography, and entertainment.
- Pay for an hour less of service by sending the photographer(s) home early. Some guests may have already departed before the end of the reception, anyway.
- Instead of having the "first look" photo session, skip it and relish the moment of observing your significant other in their wedding attire for the first time. A photographer's time can be costly and you do not require every moment of this day on film.
- Wedding albums are quite high in price, especially when they are purchased a la carte with bound leather and rigid pages. They can easily cost $500 and larger sizes are often even pricier. Opt for a more simple, magazine-style photo album with glossy, flexible pages. The quality of the workmanship is similar, as is the durability of the paper, which is critical if you plan on sharing your wedding memories with your children and grandchildren.
-These cost-cutting tips are great, but always ensure your photographer has the necessary equipment to do the job right!
- Limit or skip videography altogether. The most valuable moment during a wedding is the ceremony so save money by hiring a someone for the ceremony only. Avoid videographers who charge by the hour. The ceremony could become delayed and you do not want your videographer to leave or charge you overtime when capturing reception moments.
- Search the neighborhood to find a film student who would be willing to cover your special day for a lower price. Film schools usually have students with extreme talent, but be sure to view his or her previous work before you hire them.
- Forego the fancy special lighting. Full lighting packages may reach up to $10,000 and "uplights", spotlights, and other extras can add up.
- Become your own entertainment by creating an iTunes playlist. The WeddingDJ app assists selecting music for the entire day. Also, the app allows you to cross-fade between songs.
While it is pleasing to have a giant collection of wedding memories, it is possible to achieve similar results at a lower cost. Various entertainment companies present discounts to their clients if you sign up for multiple services such as photography and videography. Save money with a valid deal by hiring the photographer and videographer together. They will work together instead of clashing, which is a bonus for you.